Well unfortunately my soldering and electrical skills back the. Were near non existent and so the project got stuffed into a box and forgotten about.
Today though I found it whilst emptying one of our moving boxes. I have been wanting to get a pi detector for a while now so I can start beach detecting again but cash is a bit tight right now so buying a detector is out of the question.
The though that maybe I could revive the project and save myself a few quid crossed my mind and I set about resoldering all the connections and rolling a temporary coil, batteries were added and I tried firing it into life.
It works! The beast is alive. I was so buzzing I have made a short video to show it off. Hope you enjoy it and I will update when I build the full coil and housings